Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another Blogger Holiday

I'm going out of town on a college visit with Daughter Two and we're throwing caution to the wind by leaving our confusers at home. No confuser, no blog - get it?

I know there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth at the prospect of my hiatus but, well...there it is.

I read a really interesting article today on the subject of standardized testing in schools. The article was in Quality Digest (yes, I'm a nerd) and was ostensibly about methods for removing unwanted variation. But it didn't take a brilliant reader to divine that the author was really talking about what we do to kids when we try to force fit them all into the same educational mold.

Okay, I guess you can divine for yourselves where I might go with this one. So during my absence, if you'd like to share your thoughts on this subject via the comment post below, I'd be thrilled to hear what you have to say. And warm up the reading glasses; I'll be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.