Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Day That Will Live In Infamy

It happened while I was walking back from the store with my lunch. I was about to step up on the curb when the pigeon made its bombing run.
I didn’t think at first I’d been hit. Further inspection revealed that I had indeed been tagged here…and here…yes, and here.  I thought I’d located and wiped all the spots and was therefore out of danger until I sat down and put my hand on my knee.
Yu-u-u-uck!
I’ve showered twice in the seven hours since my dignity was so unceremoniously  assaulted. I still keep feeling the urge to take sandpaper to several patches of skin.  
It’s not that I’m squeamish, particularly. But being shat upon just wasn’t in my plan for today. I’d figured to eat my soup and drink my water at my desk. I was working on a project that really interests me and looking forward to seeing where it would take me.  Not to be.
Lennon was right.
Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, Frank and I were photographing an outside wedding when I had my bird poop christening.

    I was in front of the bridal party table, beautiful young men and women in the finest attire, champagne flutes bubbling as they held them up towards the bride and groom as I had asked.

    "Count of three, everyone and smile, 1....2..." PLOOOP..my hair and forehead, missed the camera but I got the picture....real genuine smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the picture! What a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the funniest thing is your use of the word "shat." I don't know why but it cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.