Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Old Nemesis

It had been grey most of the day and where I live, grey without rain is fairly common. So even when it started spitting intermittently, I didn’t worry.  I went ahead and got the groceries for dinner and headed on home. And although I was out of the car twice between work and home, I didn’t even think to open up the back and get out my rain jacket.
What was I thinking? Any of you who’ve followed this blog will know that my old nemesis gravity is constantly alert for opportunities to mess with me. And today was no different. Just as I pulled in the driveway, the downpour commenced. It soaked me as I got out the groceries and walked up the steps to the front door. And then as I thumbed the door latch, it stopped.
Laugh all you want, call me superstitious but I know the truth.
Gravity hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.