Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Bunnies

Daughter Two was right on when she commented that our front yard is becoming reminiscent of Watership Down.  There are more bunnies around this year than I can ever remember.  Brown bunnies are constantly hopping around the yard, freezing at the sight or sound of humans, taking off at light speed at the approach of dogs.

We love watching the bunnies and the occasional deer. Some of our neighbors are less enthralled at sharing their real estate with animals that love to eat the vegetables and flowering plants they cultivate in their yards.
I can’t imagine Bruno and Brigritte were thrilled when Mary put out sectioned apples the other day. And they probably don’t approve of the neighbor down the street who maintains a salt lick for the neighborhood deer population. Different strokes, I guess.
Mary and I have talked about starting a vegetable garden on the side between the garage and the shed.  I wonder if we’ll still enjoy watching the bunnies when it’s our carrots they’re after. Fair’s fair, after all.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I found your blog. When ever I am down , reading your blog cheers me up. Thanks for making my day better.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.