Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why I voted how I voted


I started to read the various postings today regarding the election but I had to stop. Between the snarky comments and the whining from those who found themselves on the “losing side” of various choices, I just couldn’t read any more.

The ones that really chap my hide are the pundits who profess to understand why we all voted the way we did. Here’s a clue-in: I voted the way I did because I felt this person was more qualified than the other and is likely, in my view, to help take us where I think we need to go.

I voted in favor of this idea because I think it’s only fair and against that one because passing it will – in my humble opinion – have some very negative unintended consequences.

I voted against a few people, too. And I did so because they’ve aligned themselves with a movement I consider poisonous. I made one decision based on my analysis of which candidate I consider to be fundamentally honest.

Here’s the thing: I don’t know if all my votes were for the ‘right’ person or proposition. But I made them based on my hope for the future and the best information at hand.

Just please don’t second-guess my motives just because you’re ostensibly an expert. Because one thing is for sure – in every contest decided last night, half of you “experts” backed the wrong horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.