Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Talkin' wit me bro


My brother re-introduced me recently to the fine and arcane art of letter writing. His first to me was a sort of omnibus of topics and ran to a half dozen pages and my response is seven pages and building. I will most likely have to just cut it off and send it long before the ideas run dry, so he won’t think I’m stiffing him.
I’ve only been a regular letter writer twice in my life and the recipients of those strings of epistles both read this blog with some regularity. My point being that the folks with whom I exchange letters tend to be the keepers. Or at least, among the keepers.

I’d forgotten how much joy there is to be found in exchanging thoughts on topics important to me with a person who will respect them enough to read them openly and respond thoughtfully. 
 
Oh, and speaking of communicating, we’ve just passed both 300 posts and 5000 ‘hits’ on this little blog. Thanks so much for being with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.