Total Pageviews

Monday, February 18, 2013

Why I like pencils


I really do prefer pencils to pens, and I figure most of you are just burning to know why. After all, people tend to try to emulate their blog meister. So with the weight of your followhood bearing down on my shoulders, I figure it’s only right to let you understand the basis of my preference.

So, without further ado, I like pencils because:

·         Pencils are easier to chew than pens.

·         The unpainted, plain wood ones look good and feel nice.

·         The lead breaks if I press too hard and this forces me to write more gently, which is better for my “crazy hands.”

·         I enjoy sharpening. There’s nothing better than a newly sharpened Number 2. Plus, it’s an excuse to walk down the hall.

·         Pencil erasers work (I use the Pink Pearl) while pen erasers…not so much.

·         I can use pencils with erasers as drumsticks when I’m bored.

·         I can write marginal notes with pencils without ruining the book forever.

·         Most people don’t use pencils much these days, so I get my own box.

·         Pencils don’t leak in your shirt pocket while you’re teaching in front of twenty-five people who are all wondering whether they should say something.

·         With a pencil, I’m not tempted to click the retract button incessantly which I understand  annoys people around me.

·         You can tell when a pencil will be used up before it happens.

·         And the big, big reason…drum roll, please…

·         I’m used to them and I’m a creature of habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.