Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Doors


A good friend of mine talked today about doors.

Some issues are caused by doors. They have an impact on brains and change perceptions, memory and orientation.  A simple example is when you go through a door and forget what you went for or even that you went for something and get involved in something else.  It’s not you.  It’s the doorwaves.”

 Okay, I’m not sure I’m on board with the idea of doorwaves, per se. But I do think she’s on to something. Point of view is crucial and passing through a door always affects one’s point of view.

 Sure, physical doors have this affect. But passing through a metaphorical door is no less transformative. Sometimes the view from the other side teaches a lesson and sometimes brings regrets. Either way, you’ll notice a change. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon, and for the rest of your life.  (Sorry, couldn’t hep mysef…)

 But seriously, I’ve passed through a few doors of late, mostly for the good.  Time to stop and look around and decide where I go from here. Because my buddy is right about one thing – having passed through a portal, it’s difficult to recall how one felt or what one was thinking before stepping through.

 When you hear that click behind you, there’s no going back. And at this point in my life, that’s really just fine by me.

 Facing the sunrise. Eyes straight ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.