Total Pageviews

Monday, July 29, 2013

Another rant list


Herewith, a list of verbally distributed nonsense that I wish would stop:

·         “…with au jus.”  This means “…with with jus.”  Get it?

·         “You guys,” when used to refer to my wife and me, as by a restaurant server. Pretty sure my wife is a gal. Not going to prove it to you, but it has been categorically proven to me. Not a guy.

·         “Like,” when used merely as unneeded punctuation. A young lady on the bus last week used ‘like’ in this manner over twenty times in two minutes, by the clock. (Sometimes it gets boring on the bus when you neglect to charge your Nook battery.)

·         “…spare change?” We’ve been over this one before but I heard it four times while walking two blocks to the bus stop today.

·         “…don’t…” as in “He don’t…”   Damn, really?

·         “Anyway…” followed by nothing. What does this mean? (Except when I use it; then, it is meaning laden.)

·         “…bitch…” Unless we’re referring to a female canine… However, the more high toned ‘bee-otch’ is entirely acceptable.

·         “Duh!” As in, this is so obvious, you’d have to be an idiot not to understand it. Usually used by someone who is inappropriately confident of their own understanding of the concept in question.

·         “Awesome!” when referring to anything that does not actually inspire awe.

·         “You feel me?” Yeah, my head’s tight to where you’re at.

Moral: When you’re a grumpy old Fudd, there’s no such thing as blogger’s block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.