Total Pageviews

Monday, July 8, 2013

Keeping busy

There are some days you’re busy and other days, you’re BUSY. Today was one of the latter variety.

I love what I do for a living and being busy is certainly better than being bored to tears. But today and this week and the next couple of months are just going to be silly. I’ve three teaching trips and a major project starting and, and, and…
The thing is, at sixty years of age and counting, I’m finding it difficult to foresee a time when I druther sit contemplating my navel than do something useful. At the same time, I can easily foresee a time when I won’t want to be bound to a bus schedule or trip plans at others’ demands as to time or doing work that is of value to someone else but not so much to me.

Time to start thinking of a change. I finished my degree a couple weeks ago and even with summer chores related to landscaping, I now have evenings free. So I’m back to working on the book. The book I mentioned in an earlier post.
I love writing and I hope it sells at some point but mostly, I’m getting more and more into these characters and their stories. It will take me a thousand hours plus to get the first draft ready for editorial readers and it will be a great thousand hours. It will be spent in the company of some of my best imaginary friends.

Some kinds of busy are just plain fun.

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.