Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our Educational Enterprise

I’ve been involved in education most of my life.  From Mrs. Beagle’s kindergarten class at good ol’ Lake Hills Elementary, through eight years of penguin school, samplings of seven colleges and universities, various professional courses…  You get the idea.
Throughout my life, there has never been a question of quality educational opportunities being there whenever I was ready. And I knew I was fortunate but I’m not sure I ever knew just how fortunate.
I’m just in from business travel and too tired for a long piece tonight. But I wanted to take this moment to share that I saw Waiting for Superman on one of my flights this week and it was a transformative experience. I hope to write intelligently and soon on the subject of equitable access to education. But just now, I’m still processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.