Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Procrastination

Mary suggested to me today that we should go through the house room by room and make a list of the tasks we have to complete to have the house be finally, finally finished. I allowed as how I thought this was a good idea.
We do have a lot of loose ends to tie up, projects not quite finished, some not yet begun. But once we’re finished, we’ll finally be able to live like normal people. We’ll mow lawns and blow out filters and occasionally make a minor repair. But for the most part we’ll be done, done, done.
I used to come home most evenings and spend an hour or two advancing one of our home improvement projects. But at some point, I started procrastinating. If I hadn’t, we have been done some time ago.
But I figure if I have a list to work to, I’ll be able to track my process and feel a sense of accomplishment. I’ll become energized again, and soon enough, we’ll have the house we always wanted. I just have to get up and make the list.
Tomorrow, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.