Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An All-Nighter

We have to be up at 3:00am this morning to take our daughter to the airport. She’s going to Washington and Lee University for scholarship interviews.  I say ‘this morning’ because it’s now 1:03am.
I could blame this insomnia on my cold, I suppose. But I think the truth has more to do with where she’s going.  
I recall (how could a parent forget?) all the nights we spent up with one of our daughters, giving breathing treatments, soothing fears, reassuring them that day care, or first grade, or middle  school would be survivable.
Yeah, it might be the cold that’s keeping me up. But I can’t help reflecting that when your baby is at a crossroads, a Dad can’t help wishing he could be there to watch for traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.